The new year will be here before we know it. For me, twenty sixteen has been a year of discovery and radical self-acceptance. As I reflect on another amazing year, it is time to set intentions and look forward to what the new year may bring.
Armed with goals and intentions (instead of new year’s resolutions), twenty seventeen promises to be a year of actions and plans. I am feeling charged and ready to take on and tackle whatever the new year throws at me.
Definition of intention
: a determination to act in a certain way : resolve
3a : what one intends to do or bring about b : the object for which a prayer, mass, or pious act is offered
Source – Merriam-Webster online
My number one intention for 2017 – write more and spread positivity.
Reach for the stars. If you follow the five ridiculously easy steps below nothing will be able to stop you from achieving your dreams.
1. Believe in yourself. – You can do anything that you set your mind to. Yes I mean anything but the first thing you have to do is have faith. Believe in yourself and your own ability to do amazing things.
2. Set goals. – Bring your intentions to life. Write them down, say them out loud, tell your friends, or keep them in the back of your mind. Let your intentions gently steer your life in the right direction.
3. Be flexible. – Setting long term goals is alright as long as you are ready for the unexpected turns that life tends to throw. Don’t get overly attached to your plans or be discouraged by short-term setbacks. Allow your intentions to guide you but be ready for them to evolve as they come to life. The end result may not be what you had in mind when you originally set out on your journey. Be open to what the universe has in store for you and have faith that things will work out.
4. Hard work. – The best things in life come from hard work. Some days the progress may be grueling, others you may be shocked by your own momentum, feeling as if you are riding on a jet propelled the rocket, blowing your expectations out of the water. Don’t give up. Always do your best, show up, bring your A game.
5. Baby steps – “How do you eat an elephant?” – One bite at a time. When setting out on a larger task don’t get overwhelmed by all of the things between you and your end goal. Pick one thing you can do now to help get you moving. Once you finish the first step pick another step. Chisel away at the beast in front of you. Eventually, you will look back and be amazed by how far you’ve come. Life is not a race. Progress is progress, no matter how slow. No matter what keep moving forward.
When you set your intentions, you give your life clear direction and meaning. Your intentions are the paths to your dreams. Intentions are powerful and so are you.
Adventure awaits you – get out there and change the world!