I was recently invited to share my thoughts on NeuroDivergent and Queer authenticity on the Two Sides of the Spectrum Podcast with Meg Proctor. I hope you will enjoy our conversation on Autism & Gender Expression.
From Meg Proctor:
Christa Holmans is an autistic self-advocate from Texas who runs the neurodiversity lifestyle blog Neurodivergent Rebel. Listen into Episode 22 as we:
- Dive into Christa’s journey as a gender fluid autistic person
- Explore how gender expression and sexuality relate to authenticity
- Find concrete ways that OTs can support the development of positive identity around gender and sexuality for our autistic clients
- Learn Christa’s biggest piece of advice to OTs
View links at learnplaythrive.com/podcast
Sign up for my free 50-minute training, Autism-specific strategies that transform OT practice
Check out #askingautistics on twitter
See the results of Christa’s LGBTQIA+ survey on Twitter.
Read the research on Autism and gender identity
- Elevated rates of autism, other neurodevelopmental and psychiatric diagnoses, and autistic traits in transgender and gender-diverse individuals
- Increased Gender Variance in Autism Spectrum Disorders and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Join in the conversation about this episode on Facebook: Learn Play & Thrive: Autism Resources for Professionals